Sunday, July 24, 2011

wake up call

wow. it's been a while since i've written on here! so been having a few insecurities lately and while i was driving home in silence, thinking and talking to God the song "Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson popped into my mind and the words that i instantly thought of were the lyrics:

Would you dare, would you dare to believe
That you still have a reason to sing?
Cause the pain that you've been feeling
Can't compare to the joy that's comin'

So hold on, you gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the pain that you've been feeling
Is just the dark before the morning

so that's what i thought of and it just hit me, i've been trusting in God for everything but i don't think i've been trusting Him to my fullest potential... No one has "dared" me to trust or believe in God, i've just grown up with that. i have a reason to sing, He has provided for me in all things! in High School when i needed money for gas, He gave me a babysitting job twice a week that would pay for my gas for that week. right now, i have a babysitting job that is going to pay for my textbooks for this semester. He's provided 2 new jobs for me that i never dreamed would happened. i have plenty of reasons to sing!! so why do i get nervous and have doubts for the future? i know that He will provide for me and He'll show me the way. i guess the doubts and fears and personal pain i feel now from multiple things is really the "joy that's coming" or the "dark before the morning" and i really need to press on!! keep living my life according to God's will and constantly seeking it by reading and praying (which i am determined to do better at).

"Fight the good fight" there are two verses in Timothy that have that phrase: I Timothy 6:12 ""Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses." and in II Timothy 4:7 "I have fought a good fight. I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." the II Tim has a special place in a lot of people's hearts because it was the verse that is associated with BJ. that was his verse. :) but it's a great verse in it's self! we need to fight the good fight and finish our course with the finish line being in heaven! that is our destination end! we don't stop until the GPS for life has said, "You have reach your destination!" and we are standing at the pearly gates. What a day that will be! When my Jesus i shall see.


i just need to keep on keeping on! i've given that advice, but i think it's about time i took some of my own advice. Everything is in God's hands, and that's where i intend to keep it. if i try to take it out i want God to slap my hand and say, "NO!! this is my job!! just sit down and stop being a backseat driver!!" it's my life but it's in God's very capable hands. Forever and for always, Amen.

i am so thankful that i heard that song in my heard and that God placed it there because He knows that i respond well to songs and to singing. lyrics touch my heart and i'm so glad they do!

Because the pain that i'm feeling? is just the dark before the morning.

1 comment:

  1. :) Keep workin' for the Kingdom until our knees kneel on gold streets. great thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete