Monday, December 13, 2010

first day of finals and whatever else comes to mind

welllllllllllll....today is the first day of finals and i didn't have any, but i did have presentation that i was to give at 10am. my 8 o'clock class didn't have a final so i set my alarm for 9am to wake up and get to school on time. well, the alarm goes off, and my brain says, "9? why is it going off at 9? i don't have to be at school till 11?" so i changed my alarm to 9:30 and went back to sleep. so i get up again, and get ready for school, eat some leftover pancakes from the night before, and all those normal morning routines. driving to school and the whole time i'm thinking "what am i missing? i have my presentation stuff and i don't need anything else?...." so my mind kept going back to that thought the entire drive to school, and i'm countering this thought by saying "i'm not late, class starts at 11. i'm fine." so i pull into ICC drive, glance at the clock one last time, and my heart (finally) drops. i moan outloud, "i AM late!!!!!" i don't know why it didn't hit me early in my drive but it did then for some odd reason. so i hurray the rest of the way into school and i'm going down the hallway almost to the classroom when i see some of my classmates comeing towards me. leaving. one of the guys yells out, "hey! your late" .......no, duh sherlock. by this time, i'm trying to figure out what i'm going to tell Eli (my teacher). well i never did figure it out. i pretty much just told her what happened...i walked in and i have never been more embarresment in my life. (may have been an exaggeration but you get my point) but it's an excellent thing that Eli is amazing and laid back and understanding cause i still got to give my presentation (which was a grand total of 3 mins) and i'm banking on losing some points but i can handle that. i've missed only one day of class and i've never been tardy, so maybe my good record will sustain me. so, what could have been a total break down to someone else turns into a "oh well, lets see what happens" for me.
i have 3 finals tomorrow... haven't studied much. alright. i have solid A's in all 3 of those classes, so if i don't do so hot, i won't fail. that's a good thing right?

whattttt elseeeee....i haven't written in awhile so your thinking that i should just have loads to say!!!! ......
OH!!! school's almost over. :) which means, Christmas!!!!!! (psh, how could i have forgotten that?) i haven't done any shopping. correction. much shopping for anyone, i have 2 items for 2 different people. i have a rule that states this: "Whittney Linn Stickling should (key word) not start Christmas shopping until finals are over....money in the bank helps as well" that's a good rule i think. and so far it's working. ....confession, i have no idea what to get anyone for Christmas...that's a problem. Leah (my sister) calls after her black friday extraveganza and says "i have you present!!! and it's the best one so far!" it usually is. and then she sends me a picture of it all wrapped up! it's HUGE!! i. can't. wait. :) i need to make a list of people to get gifts for..... oh and i should clean the house.
OH!! speaking of cleaning the house, what to hear a gross-disgusting-make-you -cringe-and then-you'll-never-want-to-clean-the-bathroom-sink-drain-again story???? of course you do. all of you clean freaks, don't read this. ----so i was brushing my teeth and washing my face last night before bed and i turned the water on so it would warm up. well 20 seconds later, the sink is full of water and about to overflow. so i'm like great, the sink is clogged. so i look under the sink for the thing that you stick down the drain, twist, then pull back up. so i stick it in the drain and it stops right after i put it in. so i'm thinking that the pip turns and it can't go anywhere else. so, i twist it. and it hooks onto something...(disclaimer: the next segment is grosser then gross. read only if you are able)...so up comes a wad of hair that is 2 ft long (NOT an exaggeration) it's slimpy, it's dark, it's matted, it has white clumps of something that i don't care to know of. it was like pulling a wig out of a paper towel tube. i have never seen anything more disturbing come out of a drain then last night's incindent. uhhhhhhggggggg.....after that was up and out of the way, the water drained mighty quite. it make the gurgling sound too. i bet it was glad to have that up out of it's thoat!! it's probably felt like it was choking on a RAT! that's what i was afraid i was going to see when i was pulling that thing up. a dead mouse strangled in the midst of that hair. then i would have screamed loud and long!

well. i'm sure you are all dying!! to go into the bathroom and clean your drains now! go go go! have fun! send me a picture!

2 comments:

  1. gross... you are strange. actually, I think I say this every time I comment on your blog posts. but I like you strange... that's why we're best friends.

    oh, and you are SOOOOO lucky about that speech thingy!!!! I thought college professors were supposed to be mean and not let students do that kind of thing... you must just be lucky. :)

    um. that is all.
    love you.
    lots and lots.
    kbye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to update your blog.... just sayin....

    ReplyDelete