Monday, October 25, 2010

reality.

what we would do without reality. it keeps us on our toes. just today i had a plan of what i was going to do with my afternoon off since i didn't have to work. then i get a voicemail from THE boss saying that i'm on the schedule to work (when i wasn't when it was put out) and that if i could get here asap that would be great (of course it would be...). I guess God didn't want me at home for that long of time today. so until then i sit at work trying to think of way to "fix" something that won't be fixed easily or quickly. like everything else, things take time. good thing God gives the time we need to get what HE needs done, done! so, i'll wait. wait, for my shift to end, wait for the night to end and the next day to begin. waiting waiting waiting. it seems like we do an awful lot of waiting in our lifetime. seems wasteful but i don't know what else we would do in the mean time! imagine all the things we could do if we didn't have to sleep! we would get so much done! random tid-bit of useless information: "The record for the longest period without sleep is 18 days 21 hours and 40 minutes during a rocking chair marathon. (...wait, WHAT??) The record holder reported hallucinations, paranoia, blurred vision, slurred speech and memory and concentration laspes." i'm sure that's not the only thing he/she lost... why, any person would compete in a rocking chair marathon is beyond me. how does that even work? trying to imagine it in my head and it looks ridiculous! now THAT is a waste of time. another piece of useless information: "A new baby typically results in 400-750 hours lost sleep for parents in the first year." ....sorry mom. so while i'm waiting for my life to take off, i think i'll sit back and put my feet up for the time being. there will be plenty of time in the future to lose sleep over an art project or test, a new baby or even (please God, no) a rocking chair marathon. no need to get worked up over nothing. no need to worry. to worry is to lack in faith. that's what i say, and i just made it up and i like it. I will trust in the Lord my God. there is not much else that is needed to be done in that area. that is His area of expertise so i'll leave it to The Professional.

2 comments:

  1. That's why I'm so tired!! 400-750 x3 !! That nap yesterday was only a drop in the bucket of what I need to get caught up on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... after talking to you yesterday, I wondered how you would survive... just kidding, love you :)

    ReplyDelete